Skip to main content

Our cookie policy


We use cookies to give you the best possible experience of our website. If you continue, we'll assume you're happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our cookie policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

  • What's covered?

Like this article Tweet this article Share this article +1 this article
  • Whats covered

  • Make sure you're fully protected

    With cover that suits your business - not someone else's

    When you get public liability insurance from AXA, you’ll have up to £5 million cover to protect your business against the compensation payments and legal costs of public liability claims.

    But we know not every business is the same. So you can choose the level of cover you need – and any optional extras you want too. You can also take it on its own or as a package with employers’ liability and professional indemnity insurance.

  • With AXA Public Liability Insurance, you'll get

    • Up to £5 million cover for compensation payments
    • Up to 50 days’ free cover for temporary employees
    • £250 court attendance costs per day to defend a claim
    • Access to a 24-hour legal helpline

    And you can choose from the following optional covers too

    Employers’ liability In most cases, if you have one or more employees, employers’ liability is a legal requirement. It covers your liability if an employed person is injured in the workplace or falls ill through work. You can combine this with public liability and professional indemnity – or buy it on its own if you’d prefer.
    Professional indemnity If a client thinks you’ve made a mistake or given them bad advice, they could make a claim against you – but we’ll protect you and cover your legal fees too. This can be combined with public liability and employers’ liability – or you can take it on its own.
    Tools, plant and equipment If you’re a tradesman, we’ll cover you for accidental loss, theft or damage to your own plant, tools and equipment – from machinery and trailers, to tools, site huts and caravans.
    Hired-in plant equipment We can cover equipment you’ve hired to use for your business, like constructional plant, machinery, tools or site huts, in case they’re accidentally lost, damaged or destroyed in your care.
    Business equipment If you’re a business professional and you use portable equipment, like a computer or phone, in or away from your premises, we’ll give you a payment to repair or replace them if they’re accidentally damaged, lost or stolen.
    Contract works If a building or site you're working on is destroyed or damaged part way through a job, you could lose your work and materials – but we’ll cover you so you can finish the contract you’re working on.
    Personal accident - capital benefits If you or a fellow principal, partner or director under the age of 75 is involved in an accident that results in death, permanent total disability, or loss of limb or sight, we’ll give you a lump sum payment of £2000.
    Personal accident - weekly benefits If a principal, partner or director under the age of 75 is temporarily injured (for example, with a broken arm or leg) and left unable to work, we’ll pay their weekly wage until they recover.
  • Find out more

    Your policy details

    Your policy details

    Find out more about our public liability insurance cover in our policy summaries and policy wordings.

    Making a claim

    Making a claim

    Public liability claims can happen to anyone. And when they do - we're here to help.

  • Sales Enquiries

    0330 159 1520


    Customer Services

    0330 159 1508

    Live chat**

    You can view our privacy policy here

    We’re open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, and Saturday 9am to 2pm. Calls are charged at local rate and may be recorded or monitored.

    **Live chat is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Please be aware that during busy times, there may be a short wait.