You take the temperature on what people are thinking. Whether you run focus groups, online market research studies or undertake specific in-depth research for particular brands – you’ve got your finger on the pulse and get the best results for your clients.

But when you’re working with lots of consumer data on high-value projects, it’s important to make sure that your business is protected. With AXA’s customisable insurance for market researchers, we’ve got all you need to keep your company and your interests safe.

What is market researcher insurance?

With AXA, you can build the insurance that you need to suit your brand.

Every business is unique, and with its own needs. Blend the covers that’ll fit your needs – whether that’s professional indemnity insurance to protect the advice and recommendations you provide to your clients, public liability insurance to cover third party injury or damage on your premises and business equipment insurance to keep your mobiles, tablets and computers safe wherever you are in the UK.

Do I need the same insurance if I work from a home office?

If you’re carrying out work from home, your home insurance is unlikely going to offer enough cover to protect the work that you’re doing. With AXA’s contents insurance, we can protect any furniture or contents that you use as part of your business.

When would I need insurance as a market researcher?

Say you’re working on a large project with an international client. If there’s an issue with the research or recommendations that you provide, and they result in a significant financial loss for the client, professional indemnity insurance can cover compensation costs and legal fees that result from a claim. It can also cover you for sensitive data issues like breach of confidentiality and loss of documents.

Are market researchers covered for accidental data loss?

Our public liability cover will protect you for data loss. We will cover the amount of compensation which you are legally liable to pay, but there are certain caveats – and the insured must be registered.


What insurance can I get as a market researcher?

Choose from the options below and build insurance to fit your business.

Professional indemnity insurance

Up to £5m to protect advice and recommendations you provide.

Find out more

Business equipment insurance

Cover for mobiles, laptops or other computers you use.

Find out more

Employers’ liability insurance

Cover to support your employees in case of illness and injury caused as a result of working for you.

Find out more

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.