As a training consultant, it’s your job to help other people learn.

Classroom-based or one-to-one sessions are your stock in trade. Maybe you specialise in computer courses or management training. Or you supervise first-aid training, NVQ/SVQ certification or facilitative work.

Whatever you’re upskilling people in, you’re good at keeping it simple and sticking to the facts. You don’t have time to waste on complicated processes or insurance jargon.

And that’s why we’re transparent with you too. We don’t cover manual training, like working with machinery, or anything involving vehicles.

But we can cover you if you offer:  

  • Training consultancy
  • Business training
  • Computer training
  • Secretarial training
  • Management training

Do consultants need professional indemnity insurance?

Offer professional advice that causes financial loss to a client and you’re found to be at fault? You’ll have big bills to pay. Could you afford to pay out on legal and compensation costs on your own? If you don’t think you could, AXA’s tailored business insurance for consultants could protect your business from danger and financial risks.

Does my consultancy business need public liability insurance?

Public liability insurance protects you if someone’s accidentally injured in your workplace.

Say someone falls and injures themselves during a training day trust exercise, or you damage the interior of a hotel conference room because of signage you bring to the event.

If a third-party pursues a claim and your business is found to be at fault, public liability will help you pay up on damages, compensations and legal costs that may occur.

How much does training insurance cost for my consultancy?

The price of cover varies from business to business, and no two companies are ever really the same.

The best way to find out the price for the insurance you need is to get a quote online. It’ll only take a couple of minutes, and there’s a 10%** discount if you decide to buy online too. Choose from a one-off annual payment or opt for monthly instalments (subject to acceptance criteria).



What kind of insurance do training consultants need?

Select from the options below to create the insurance you need.

Professional indemnity

Offer services or advice as part of your job? If something goes wrong and your client suffers a financial loss, this will cover the cost of compensation and legal fees.

Public liability insurance

Cover against accidental injury and property damage claims made by your customers, the public or people you visit as part of work.

Find out more about public liability insurance

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.



*The guidance is provided on behalf of AXA by Arc Legal Assistance Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

**This discount is applied automatically and lasts for the lifetime of your policy.