Who are InSync?

Insync Insurance* are an insurance broker we work in partnership with who are there to help those customers who might need protection that AXA doesn’t currently offer. They specialise in businesses like yours and work with a range of different insurers to get you the cover you require. So, you can rest assured your business is in good hands.

Why do pubs need business insurance?

When you run a pub there are a lot of scenarios that you need to be prepared for, and a lot of responsibilities that you need to take on.

For example, let’s say you're the owner of a local pub that serves drinks, food and has an outdoor beer garden as well as in indoor seating area. Here are just a few scenarios where business insurance could come in useful if someone were to make a claim:

    • You serve food to a customer and fail to warn about allergens beforehand, causing the customer to have a severe reaction. Public and products liability could protect you in these cases.
    • A customer slips and falls on spilled drink, landing them with an injury. Public liability insurance would ensure you aren’t shouldering the cost of a claim all alone.
    • An employee of your gets injured cleaning up in the bar after you fail to give them the proper equipment to do so. Employers’ liability insurance protects you from these claims.
    • Someone breaks into your pub one night and steals most of you bottles and damages your property. Buildings and contents could protect you here.

It is because of reasons like these and many other similar scenarios that you need to make sure you have the proper business insurances in place to handle any claims that come your way.

What types of insurance do I need to run a pub?

There are several risks to consider when you’re running a pub, which means you’ll need a few specific covers to make sure you’re properly protected.

Public liability insurance is an important cover for pubs since your business runs on people. Whether it’s the comings and goings of your regular customers or the ones that pop in for a drink in passing, people what make a pub thrive. So, make sure you’ve got protection in place in case one of them ever needs to make a claim.

Employers’ liability insurance protects you if any of your bar staff fall ill or get accidentally injured as a result of their time working for you. If an employee needs to make a claim against you, this cover has your back.

Buildings and contents insurance will protect your business premises and any fixtures and fittings if something should happen to them. This applies in scenarios such as fire or flood, or more malicious cases of break-ins or vandalism.

Loss of licence cover is vital for pubs since losing your licence means losing your ability to trade. After all, you can’t have a pub without the alcohol. This cover can help if you lose your licence through no fault of your own, making it an important consideration. Please note: in order to get loss of licence cover you must first have business interruption cover.

Deterioration of stock insurance is worth considering since you’ll be serving a variety of consumable goods to customers. Sometimes, for reasons beyond your control, you might find yourself with some stick that can’t be used. For example, if your building experiences a power cut, or your fridges or freezers break down. With the right cover, you can be reimbursed for the cost of damage goods.

How much does it cost to insure a pub?

How much your policy costs will depend on:

    • The size of your business
    • Whether not you offer food
    • Do you have entertainment?
    • Are you open late?
    • How many (if any) employees you have
    • Claims history
    • What covers you need
    • The level of cover you choose
    • Any additional covers you add to the policy (e.g., legal expenses, business equipment etc)

To find out what cover might cost you, it’s best to get a quote. That way you can provide information specific to your pub and see exactly what it’ll cost to insure your business.

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.



*Insync Insurance is a trading name of Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd which is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference Number: 766691). Registered in England and Wales 0880662. Registered Office 7th Floor Mark Lane, London EC3R 7NE. AXA Insurance UK plc acts as introducer to Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd.