Your shop stocks the everyday essentials.

If someone’s nipping out for a bit of milk, a loaf of bread or the paper – you’re the one they come to. You know your customers well and are involved in the day-to-day hubbub of life. You open early and often work late, unboxing stock and stacking the shelves. You’re part of the daily routine of many – and your business is a cornerstone of the community.

That’s why it’s important for you to protect it. And that’s where AXA’s business insurance can help.

Why do I need business insurance for newsagents?

Like any business, it’s important to protect yourself against potential risks. Whether that’s theft, water damage or smashed windows – we’re here to help you get back on your feet if the worst happens.

Say a customer is injured, tripping on something in your shop. With public liability insurance, you’ll be covered against expensive compensation costs, should they make a claim against you.

Equally, employees’ liability insurance (legally required if you have anyone working for you) will offer up to £10 million cover to protect your staff and paperboys if they’re injured or fall ill as a result of work.

How much does it cost?

Just as every company is unique – so is the insurance they need. That’s why it’s difficult to put a one-size-fits-all price on insurance.

The quickest way for you to find out your price? Get a quote online – it’ll only take a few minutes, and you’ll get a 10%** discount for buying through our website.

I sell goods online too. Am I covered?

Yes, we can cover you if you have a specialist licence to sell alcohol, and we can cover your license.

If you operate a specialist off-license, we can cover you. When you’re getting a quote, simply select ‘off licences’ in the occupation look up and continue with the quote journey.

What can you cover with business contents insurance?

We can protect your stock and business contents – helping you replace fixtures and fittings, displays and employees’ personal belongings – if they’re damaged, lost or stolen.

Plus, you can choose to have your shop-front and signage protected with AXA’s contents insurance.


What insurance can you choose for your newsagent or cornershop business?

Choose the covers that suit you and build your own bundle of insurance to suit.

Employers’ liability insurance

Covers you for up to £10 million for any claims from staff who become unwell or injured as a result of working for you. If you have employees, temporary staff or paperboys, it’s a legal requirement for you to take out employers’ liability insurance.

Find out more about employers liability insurance

Public liability insurance

Protection of up to £5 million, to cover legal defence costs and compensation caused by claims against third-party damage/injury to customers or visitors. There’s also legal defence costs and compensation cover, as well as temporary staff, free.

Find out more about public liability insurance

Contents insurance

Protect the contents of your shop. You’ll get tailorable cover for business contents, a 24 hour glass replacement/emergency helpline and the option to choose additional accidental damage cover for your contents.

Find out more about contents insurance

Van insurance

Stay on the road with van cover that includes: doorstep repairs, a guaranteed courtesy van and your choice of optional extras.

Find out more about van insurance

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.



*The guidance is provided on behalf of AXA by Arc Legal Assistance Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

**This discount is applied automatically and lasts for the lifetime of your policy.