As a financial services adviser, you help other people balance their books and manage their money.

You’re a skilled specialist, so you’ll need expert professional indemnity protection specific to the market. We can’t support you with that, but we can protect you with cover for risks related to where you work, and any staff you have working for you.

We can help you if you’re working in:

  • Mortgage advisory
  • Insurance consultancy
  • Legal services
  • Investment consultant 

Why does a financial services professional need insurance?

We won’t be able to offer you the level of professional indemnity insurance you’ll need, but we can help you protect many other parts of your business.

Public liability insurance covers you in case of damage or injury caused by engaging with a third party – whether it’s at your office, or while visiting a client. With business equipment insurance, we’ve got you covered in case of damage or theft to the laptop or mobile that help you run your business.

Employers’ liability insurance will cover anyone who works for you – as you’re legally obliged to have insurance to protect them.

With both public liability and employers’ liability insurance, you’ll get compensation paid to you if a director, partner, principal or employee is required to attend court in relation to a claim covered by this insurance.

What kind of financial services are covered with AXA’s business insurance?

  • Financial advisory service
  • Independent financial advisers (IFA)
  • Tax consultants
  • Mortgage advisory service
  • Investment consultancy

How much does business insurance cost for financial services companies?

Like the businesses you work with, your company is unique. And with those individual needs comes a need for tailored insurance. It’s difficult to put a one-size-fits-all price on that.

As a financial services professional, you’ll need a level of professional indemnity cover that you can only get from specialist providers. So, we’ll leave that to the professionals. Look at AXA Specialist Risk (ASR) to see if we can support you in any way. Call AXA Specialist Risk on 0344 902 8323

Will AXA’s business insurance for financial services companies cover me for public liability?

If you choose public liability insurance as part of your business insurance package.

This kind of insurance will support you in case of injury or damage to a third-party or their property, e.g. someone being injured due to a fall in your office or accidental damage caused to a client’s office when you visit.


What insurance does a financial services professional need?

Public liability insurance

Protection in case of accident or injury caused to a third party when visiting your premises.

Find out more about public liability insurance

Employers’ liability insurance

Cover for the people who work for you, if they fall ill or injured as a result of work they do for you.

Find out more about employers liability insurance

Contents cover

Protection for your workspace, whether it’s your bedroom, study or a self-contained office.

Find out more about contents insurance

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.



AXA Specialist Risks is available Monday to Thursday, 9am to 7pm, Friday 9am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm.