As a computer analyst, you support organisations to make technology work for them – testing, analysing and investing in the systems that’ll help improve processes and efficiencies.

Whatever your title, you’re technical, precise and driven. Whatever you’re doing – you’re dealing with sensitive information and high-value projects.

If you make a recommendation that causes a financial loss for a client and they make a claim against you, would you be able to pay legal and compensation costs out of your own pocket?

Why do computer analysts need insurance?

Whether you’re working with large corporations or smaller organisations, the systems you review are an expensive investment – and the recommendations you make have a massive impact on the companies who engage your services.

If a system recommendation that you make causes a financial loss for a client – either though operational failure or a data breach – then you could be liable for any legal fees and compensation costs.

With AXA’s flexible business insurance, you can protect your business against these risks: meaning you’re protected in case of the worst-case scenario.

What does computer systems analyst insurance cover?

As a computer analyst, you can choose from a wide variety of covers to protect your work.

Professional indemnity insurance will insure you for any advice, recommendations or plans you provide to clients – offering up to £5m cover in case of any incidents, and also covering you for things like breach of confidentiality.

With our business equipment cover, you’ll get protection for the technology you use on-the-job– things like mobiles, laptops, tablets and computers – wherever you travel in the UK.

And if you need additional cover in case of disputes or employment tribunals our legal expenses cover will provide up to £1m cover, access to specialist legal support and a 24/7 advice helpline if you need it.

Do I need the same insurance if I work from home?

If you’re working from a home office, your home insurance might not protect everything that you’re using to work – and it won’t cover the work that you carry out there. Our contents cover will help you protect your office furnishings and any specialist technology that you use to carry out your work.

What insurance can I get as a computer systems analyst?

Choose from cover below and build insurance to fit your business.

Public liability insurance

Up to £5m worth of protection against third party injury and damage – whether it’s on your site or your clients.

Find out more about public liability insurance

Professional indemnity

Up to £5m cover for any advice, recommendations and designs that you offer in case you’re found to be at fault in a claim. It’ll help you cover your legal fees and compensation costs.

Find out more about professional indemnity insurance

Employers’ liability insurance

Up to £10m to protect staff in cases of illness or injury caused by working for you.

Find out more about employers liability insurance

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.



Optional extras

Legal expenses

Up to £1 million cover for specialist support and access to a 24/7 legal advice helpline.

*This discount is applied automatically and lasts for the lifetime of your policy.