Brexit advice for car insurance customers

As of 2nd August 2021 unless you’re travelling to Moldova or North Macedonia, you’ll no longer need a green card when travelling to countries in the European Union (EU) & the European Economic Area (EEA). 

Here are some FAQs about green cards, and how to request one from us, as well as other information you need to know about driving in the EU.

If this advice changes, we will let you know as soon as possible.

Green cards

Accidents while driving abroad

Will this guidance change?

It’s unlikely, but if there is any change in the way you request a green card from us, we’ll let you know.

Where can I find further information?

Leaving the EU will affect most of us in some way, but it helps to be prepared.

Stay in-the-know by regularly checking the Government website.

And for the latest insurance advice, visit the ABI website.