Domestic services and housesitting insurance

You iron out the creases. Plump up the pillows and ensure everything’s spick and span.

You’re a domestic wonder, and homemaking suits you down to the ground. But it’s far more than creating comfort and organising ornaments –it’s hard work and graft that keeps a house together.

You might specialise in ironing or cooking, cleaning, housekeeping or house-sitting. Maybe you water the plants and airthe rooms, make beds and hoover carpets when your clients are away on business. They entrust you with their nest and precious things. You treat their homes with care, respect and unwavering attention to detail.

That’s why it’s important to protect the work you do. And that’s where AXA’s flexible business insurance for housekeepers, housesitters and domestic staff can support you.

We can cover you if you offer the following services:

  • Domestic services
  • Ironing
  • Cooking
  • Caretaking
  • House sitting

I’m a self-employed cleaner, should I get need insurance?

You should consider investing in insurance for your company. If you work in a self-employed capacity, you’ll be the one who’s left footing the bill if or when things go wrong with a claim.

If you don’t have the money to pay these compensation costs and legal fees out of your own pocket, then it could spell the end of your business. With insurance, you’ll get the financial support you need to manage these costs.

I’m employed by an agency - do I need to be insured?

Check with your employer if you’re covered for the work that you do. If you’re a staff member, it’s likely that you’ll be covered. If you’re juggling jobs or working in between clients, – your cover won’t stretch to fit.

That’s where AXA business insurance can help you – by covering you for all the things you do.You might work in house sitting, taking care of properties which are lying absent during lockdown or when your clients are living abroad.

How much does this type of insurance cost?

Many factors go into determining the price of your business insurance – from the kind of work you do, the staff you have and the jobs you work on. The easiest way for you to get your price? Get a quote online. It’ll only take a few minutes, and our guided online journey will point you in the direction of the right insurance. Meaning you only pay for the bits you need – no more, no less.

Is my equipment insured?

You can choose to insure it. With AXA’s flexible, buildable business insurance – you can add equipment protection to any of our core covers (public liability, contents cover, employers’ liability, professional indemnity insurance) and only pay for the things you need.


What kind of insurance can I choose from?

Pick and choose from the covers below and create the insurance to fit your business.

Public liability insurance

Cover if something is accidentally damaged when you’re in a client’s home, or injury is caused (such as a slip or trip) because of work that you carry out, like polishing a floor or hoovering.

Find out more about public liability insurance

Employers’ liability insurance

If you have anyone working under your supervision (including full-time, part-time staff, volunteers or apprentices) then you’re legally required to have this cover. If you don’t have it, you can be fined up to £2,500 for every day you’re without it.

Find out more about employers liability insurance

Van insurance

Use a van for work? We can cover you and help keep you on the road, with accident recovery, roadside repairs and a guaranteed courtesy van.

Find out more about van insurance

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.



*The guidance is provided on behalf of AXA by Arc Legal Assistance Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.