There’s a few things to consider when it comes to choosing the right kind of flat insurance for you. The right fit will depend on a few different factors, such as whether you are renting or own the flat. We’ve put together this guide to help you navigate the world of flat insurance. Below, you’ll find answers to some of the most common questions around flat insurance. By the end of this, we hope you’ll have a better understanding of the right kind of cover for you.

How does insurance differ between renters and owners?

This is often the first question you’ll find yourself asking around flat insurance. You see, flat insurance differs depending on whether you own or are renting the flat.

For owners, you’ll need to look at both buildings and contents insurance. These two different types of insurance work in tandem. Buildings insurance (as the name suggests) protects the building itself, as well as all the fixtures and fittings that are installed. From natural disasters, such as floods and storms, to other situations such fire and theft, buildings insurance will have you covered.

On the other side of this, contents insurance covers the belongings in your flat. Much like buildings insurance, this includes cover against storms, floods, fires and theft (among others). While it’s not a requirement to have contents insurance, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. Now, it’s slightly different if you happen to be renting your flat. Your landlord is required to have landlord insurance. This covers off the buildings insurance. However, it doesn’t cover any of your belongings. As such, you’ll want to look into tenants insurance. Even if you flat is already furnished, you may want to consider tenants insurance, as it protects any belongings in the flat that you are responsible for.

Want to find out more about these types of insurance? Just take a look at our buildings insurance, contents insurance and tenants insurance pages.

What if I share a flat?

If you share a flat with someone then there’s a few more things to consider. Firstly, we’ll only provide insurance if the flat is occupied by a family. However, we recognize that all family set-ups are unique. By a family, we mean the obvious spouses, partners or children. However, your family can also include domestic staff and anyone permanently living with you who doesn’t pay for their accommodation. If those living with you fall into this category, then you can get your flat insurance with us!

How much does flat insurance cost?

We hope this all sounds good to you, and you’re still interested in getting your flat insured with us. If that’s the case, then the next question on your mind will more than likely be price.

The prices for our insurance policies (for buildings insurance, contents insurance and tenants insurance) are driven by a number of different factors. So, while we can’t give you a price right here and now, you can get a quote from us.

Are there any extras I should think about?

You want your flat to be as safe as possible. We get that. That’s why we offer a range of optional extras that you can add on to your policy. Regardless of what insurance you’re after, you’ll find a number of handy add-ons that you can choose.Here’s just a few of the extras we offer:

What do customers say about our home insurance?

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.