Alarm installer insurance

Why does an alarm installation company need business insurance?

You keep people safe and their homes and premises secure. Whether you’re installing home alarms or shop CCTV systems, the work you do helps people protect their precious things and keeps their minds at ease.

You keep companies safe but what keeps your business safe? Whether you’re an established operation or a self-employed one-man-band, insurance could. Imagine it: you install a system incorrectly and its failure to work properly causes a client to fall victim to a serious theft or intrusion. Would you be able to deal with compensation costs or the associated legal fees of a lost claim on your own?

Business insurance helps you pay these bills – saving you from worry if the worst happens.

With public liability insurance, we’ll protect you for injury or damage caused by work that you’ve carried out. Our professional indemnity cover will safeguard you against damage or injury caused as a consequence of any recommendations or designs you’ve provided.

And with AXA’s flexible, buildable business insurance, you can customise your cover to protect the things you need to – keeping your business as safe as houses.

Do I need insurance for my employees?

If you have staff (that includes temporary staff, contractors and volunteers) then you’re legally required to have employers’ liability insurance. 

It’ll keep them covered in case of illness or injury caused to them as a result of working for you – and help you manage any compensation or claims costs. 

How much does alarm installation insurance cost?

Like the alarm systems you’ll install, the insurance you’ll need will be bespoke. To give you some idea of what it could cost, 10% of our customers pay £81 a year*, or less, for their business insurance.

The quickest way to find out your price? Get a quote online. 

Simply tell us a little bit about your business and we’ll be able to tailor cover to fit your needs. And, if you like the price, you’ll get a 10% discount for buying through our site. 

Can I insure my tools?

You can insure your tools if you need to. Choose from the two covers below:

Own plant tools and equipment

Protection in case of accidental loss, theft or damage to tools or equipment that you own and work with. We’ll help you protect tools and stock as well as machinery, trailers or caravans.

Hired in tools and plant insurance

Working with hired or rented tools? We’ll help you keep them covered if they’re damaged, accidentally lost or stolen whilst in your care.


What type of insurance can I get for my alarm installation company?

Choose from the below covers and design the insurance to fit your business.

Public liability insurance

Up to £5 million cover if a member of the public is injured or their property gets damaged while dealing with your business.

Find out more about public liability insurance

Professional indemnity

£1million worth of protection that’ll cover you for designs, advice or recommendations you’ve provided if they’re found to cause a financial loss for a client.

Find out more about professional indemnity insurance

Employers’ liability insurance

If you have anyone working under your supervision, including full-time, part-time staff, volunteers or apprentices, you’re legally required to have this type of insurance to protect them in case of illness or injury.

Find out more about employers liability insurance

Van insurance

Stay on the road with van insurance – you’ll get accident recovery, roadside repairs and a guaranteed courtesy van.

Find out more about van insurance

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.



*10% of our customers paid this or less between January and March 2022.