Clerical and administration assistant insurance

You’re the one brought in to keep things in order.

You dot the I’s, cross the t’s and file away the important documents for reference. You’re organised, practical and in charge of the all-important small details.

Maybe your job title’s clerk or clerical assistant. You might bill yourself as a personal assistant, secretary or administration assistant. You might offer temporary assistance for a short-time, or work as support on a longer project.

However you do it, you spend a lot of time assisting other people’s businesses. But it’s equally important that you take time protecting your own.

AXA’s business insurance for administration assistants can help you to cover the work you do, where you do it and the equipment you use – meaning you’re covered in case the worst happens.

Why do clerical and administration assistants need insurance?

When you’re working with another company’s paperwork and processes, you run up against a whole load of professional and confidentiality risks.

What if a document containing confidential information goes missing in your care, and a claim arises as a result? Would you be able to pay compensation or legal fees out of your own pocket?

If you had business insurance, you’d be protected – with optional extras available to cover essential business equipment and specialist legal support.

What insurance do clerical and administration assistants need?

The insurance you need is all dependent on the kind of work you do. With AXA’s business insurance, you can build cover to suit you – meaning you only pay for the things you need.

Whether it’s professional indemnity insurance to cover legal costs and compensation around confidentiality claims or business equipment insurance that covers the technology that you use to do your job – you’re able to choose custom cover that’s designed to fit your business, and no-one elses.

Who does this type of insurance cover?

We cover administration assistants, secretarial services and clerical assistants with this type of insurance.

I’m working from home, am I covered by business insurance?

In the changes that have come about this year, more of us than ever before are working from home. If you’re an employer with staff who are now working from home, you should adjust your coverage to ensure your staff are adequately protected for the things they’re doing.


What kind of insurance can I choose from?

Choose from the options below and customize your cover to suit your needs.

Professional indemnity

Up to £5 million cover for advice, designs, recommendations or plans that you’ve drawn up, that are found to have caused a financial loss for a client.

Find out more about professional indemnity insurance

Public liability insurance

Up to £5 million cover for third party injury or damage caused as a result of work you’ve carried out, or a visit you’ve made to third party property.

Find out more about public liability insurance

Contents insurance

Did you know that home insurance might not protect the work you do from home? Contents insurance will cover accidental damage cover to business contents, and give you access to a 24-hour helpline.

Find out more about contents insurance

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.



Optional extras

Business equipment cover

Mobiles, tablets and laptops – keep technology protected wherever you are in the UK with this cover, and get help to replace damaged or lost devices.

Find out more

Legal expenses

£1 million cover for specialist legal support, a 24/7 legal advice helpline and specialist options – simply add to any of our core covers for additional protection.

Find out more