I only want to pay for the protection I need. What can I choose from?

At AXA, you can tailor our insurance to fit the needs of your trades business. So you only pay for what you need – nothing more, nothing less. Choose from the below:

Public liability insurance

If a third party is accidentally injured, or their property is damaged as a result of the work you’re carrying out, public liability will help cover the costs of defending a claim as well as paying out on successful claims with up to £5 million in compensation payments.

Find out more about public liability insurance

Employers’ liability insurance

By law, if you’ve got staff (that includes apprentices, sub-contractors, casual labourers and temporary workers), you must have employers’ liability insurance. Employees fall ill, or get injured as a result of being on the job? By law, you need £5 million protection – we’ll give you £10 million as standard.

Find out more about employers liability

Professional indemnity insurance2

Client claiming you’ve given them bad advice, services or design? Cover the legal costs and expenses incurred in your defence – as well as damages and costs that might be awarded.

It’ll give you cover to a value of £1 million. Without it, you could be exposed to thousands of pounds worth of legal fees and compensation. Not to mention the lost income incurred by defending a claim.

Find out more

Plant, tools and equipment insurance

Get covered for accidental loss, theft or damage with own plant, tools and equipment cover. From machinery, trailers, or caravans – to the tools and stock that you own too, up to the value of £2000.

And if you’ve hired-in equipment, like constructional plant, machinery, tools or site huts – our hired-in equipment cover will protect them if they’re damaged or destroyed whilst in your care.

Contract works cover

If you’re building a new house or extending a property and the project is destroyed or damaged part-way through, we’ll cover you against accidental loss, destruction or damage to the new structure. So you can finish the job.

Personal accident cover

Principals or directors in your firm have an accident? We can help.

Capital cover will give you a lump sum of £2,000 in the event of their death, total disability, loss of limb or sight. If they’re under 75, weekly cover offers them a weekly wage if they’re unable to work – e.g. in the case of a broken arm or leg, until they recover.

Van insurance for trades

A van does more than get you from A to B – it’s an important part of your business too.

With van insurance from AXA, you’ll get accident recovery, roadside repairs and a guaranteed courtesy van – and cover for little things like wrong fuel, lost keys and satnavs.

Find out more about van insurance

Trades insurance from AXA

You’re the person who makes things work. You’re never off, travelling between jobs and working odd, long hours to help people fix their faulty electrics or leaky taps. Your hands are always full. And you certainly don’t have a lot of time to spare, least of all on finding insurance.

Whatever your trade, we’re here to help. We keep business insurance simple, helping you choose flexible protection for what you need – so everything stays in good working order.

What kind of trades do we cover?

If you don’t see your trade here, don’t worry. It doesn’t mean we can’t insure you.

Search for your trade when you get a quote online. Or get in touch and we’ll talk you through your options.

Why do trades need insurance?

Whether you’re a one-man-band with a van or an established firm that’s been around for decades, your business needs to be protected in case of accidents, theft or damage. Because if you’re not, you risk losing a lot of money and are putting your business in danger.

But it’s about more than just peace of mind. Having the proper protection in place is about professionalism. Which sends the right message to your customers – and your staff too. And should things go wrong, getting back to business quickly keeps jobs on track for your customers and your reputation intact. Because being proud of a job well done is important to you – and it’s important to us too.

Who and what does business insurance for trades cover?

Our business insurance can offer the protection that fits your trade and can be tailored to your needs.

Insurance for property and building maintenance

If you’re travelling from site to site, carrying out maintenance and repairs across a variety of trades, no day is ever the same. So it’s crucial that you’re properly covered – especially when you’re working around the public. Anything can happen. Tailor your insurance to fit your business.

Choose from:

  • Public liability insurance – up to £5 million cover
  • Employers’ liability insurance – £10 million cover
  • Optional extras, including cover for tools and equipment

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.



View our privacy policy here.

1 Professional indemnity cover is only available to certain trades

Underwritten by AXA Insurance UK plc. Terms, conditions, eligibility and exclusions apply.