Telecommunications consultant insurance

What is telecommunications consultant insurance?

As a telecommunications consultant, you’re in charge of keeping people connected.

You design and advise on upgrading the systems that help customers and staff communicate. These could be telephony networks, social media or communications platforms. Whatever you specialise in, ultimately: it’s about bringing people together.

That’s why there’s a lot riding on what you do. Everyone hates when systems go down at work – and you don’t want to be the person responsible. If this happens with one of your clients, and their business goes down for days – would you be able to fork out on fees after a potential financial loss claim? 

With AXA’s business insurance for telecommunications consultants, you can choose from an array of covers to suit your needs – and protect your work, premises, equipment and staff.

Do I need business insurance for telecommunication?

Working in a high responsibility, high-risk industry, it’s important that your business is protected. Say you’re working for a large corporate bank and the communications system you’ve recommended goes down – causing a significant loss of earnings. With our professional indemnity insurance, we can protect you with up to £5 million of cover, that’ll help you with defence costs and compensation bills.

And because you can’t plan for mistakes that’ll happen in the future, you can choose to protect your business from any time in the past – right back to the date of your company’s formation. 

Does AXA offer liability cover for telecommunications consultants?

Yes, we do. Our public liability cover will protect you if damage or injury is caused to a third party by work that you do. You’ll get up to £5 million cover, that can support you with legal and compensation costs, plus £250 compensation per day for court attendance, if you have to defend a claim made against you. 

How much does business insurance for telecoms consultants cover?

AXA’s business insurance is a flexible and buildable, so you can blend different covers to suit you – meaning you can bolt on different core covers and customise with add-ons to meet the specific needs of your business. 

Do I need business insurance as a freelance telecommunications consultant?

If you work as part of a company, you might not need to have separate business insurance. 

If you’re an independent, self-employed consultant, then you’ll need to have business insurance. It’ll protect you in case of claims for advice or designs that cause financial loss to a client. 

Even more so because if something goes wrong without it, you’ll need to shoulder the costs alone. We offer protection that’ll help you in case of third-party injury or damage, financial loss to clients caused by designs or advice you’ve provided, as well as cover for any business equipment you use. 


What kind of insurance can I choose for my telecommunications business?

Choose from the below covers and get the blend you need for your business.

Professional indemnity

Given advice that causes financial loss to your clients and results in a claim? Cover legal fees and compensation payments with professional indemnity insurance. With optional add-ons, you can also protect your business in case of breach of confidentiality, loss of documents or dishonesty of your employees.

Find out more about professional indemnity insurance

Public liability insurance

You’re responsible for the welfare of every customer or visitor. Public liability keeps you covered for up to £5 million if a member of the public is injured or their property gets damaged while dealing with your business.

Find out more about public liability insurance

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.