Why do you need business insurance as a bricklayer?

No matter how careful you are, accidents are unavoidable. If the worst should happen on your time, you could end up having to pay out a lot of money. This is where business insurance comes in - to help keep what’s important to you protected from the hazards of the job.

Whether it’s accident damage to a property, an injury or even theft of your equipment, we’ve got cover to suit your business. At AXA, we let you choose what types of cover your need so that you’re only ever paying for the cover you need.

What does bricklayers’ insurance cover?

Our business insurance can offer you cover on a variety of levels to ensure your business is always protected. Choose from:

Public liability insurance offers you cover against accidental injury in the workplace, or if someone’s property is damaged due to your business’ activities or products. We’ll cover you for up to £5 million as standard under our policy, as well as £250 court attendance per day to defend any claims made against you.

Own plant tools and equipment is there to protect the tools of your trade, whatever those may be. Our tool insurance is flexible, allowing you to choose your level of cover and tailor it to your business’ needs. We offer protection for accidental loss, damage or theft of plant tools and equipment you own or hire.

Employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement for all businesses with employees, as it’s there to protect your employees in case they get injured and fall ill while working for you. We know that employees are the backbone of your business and that’s why our employer’s liability insurance cover full and part-time employees as well as self-employed contracts you may hire. We’ll pay up to £10m for compensation and legal costs to defend a claim made against the insured, as well as £250 compensation per day for court attendance if a claim is made.

When should I get bricklayers' insurance?

From day one, your bricklaying business will need protecting against accidental damage or injury. We insure business of all sizes, so it’s never too early to make sure your business is protected. Ready to get things sorted?


How much is bricklayers' insurance?

There are many factors that go into determining the price you pay – from the type of work you do, to the number of staff you have, or the equipment you need to protect.

Our cover is tailored to your business’s needs, meaning you’ll only ever pay for the cover you need. The quickest way to find out your price? Get a quote online today.


What insurance do I need as a bricklayer?

With AXA, you can pick and choose these covers to build an insurance policy that suits you, that way you only ever pay for the protection you need.

Public liability insurance for builders

Public liability is there to protect you from claims made against your business by third parties for cases of accidental injury and/or damage.

Here are a few scenarios were public liability insurance could be an invaluable investment for your business:

  • You’re clearing the space for your building and someone trips on the uneven ground and gets hurt
  • You’ve working on an extension, but your work has weakened another part of the building. As a result, someone has gotten injured when part of a wall collapsed.

Professional indemnity insurance

Up to £5m to protect advice and recommendations you provide.

Find out more

Own plant tools and equipment

Protect the tools you own in case of accidental loss, theft or damage. We can help you cover tools (including power tools), machinery, trailers or caravans – plus stock up to the value of £2000.

Find out more

Hired in plant Insurance

If you’re renting specialist gear (like constructional plant, machinery, tools/power tools or site huts) – our hired-in equipment cover will protect them if they’re damaged or destroyed in your care.

Find out more