Media production and copywriter Insurance

Content? You’ve got it covered.

You know what makes the internet go round. What grabs the eye and puts brands in the spotlight.

Maybe you’re on the media side of things – working with video and audio, creating YouTube shorts or producing podcasts. You could be a copywriter, shaping scripts and playing with words, working with brands to help them develop and define their identity.

You’re a jack of all trades, and master of many. You might even be a digital multi-hyphenate.

Whatever you do, you’ve got a distinct style, and bring buckets of personality to your work. And when your work contains so much of your precious creativity, it’s important that you protect it.

With AXA’s flexible business insurance for media professionals, you can change up your cover level and customise with add-ons till you find something that fits you.

We can cover the below creative professions, plus many more besides:

  • Illustrator
  • Cartoonist
  • Commercial artists
  • Copywriting
  • Videographer

I am a self-employed media producer, can I get insurance?

Yes, you can get business insurance. If you’re working for yourself, insurance can be an important investment in your future and the best way to protect your small business.

Say something goes wrong on a high-profile contract you’ve been working on, and it transpires that you’re not covered by insurance – you could be left footing the bill if payments need to be made following a lost claim.

Professional indemnity insurance can support you in case of claims related to designs, advice or recommendations you provide.

I work for an agency. Do I need business insurance?

If you’re working for an agency as a contractor or freelancer, then it’s important that you check you’re covered for the work you’re doing.

And even if you are covered for the work you carry out under that contract – if you pick up other work on the side, or juggle a couple of freelance clients, your cover won’t stretch to that.

It’s important to make sure you’re protected for all of the work you do – because you don’t want to be blindsided by a liability claim that puts your business on its back.

Am I insured working from home?

In the changed circumstances of this year, more people are working from home than ever before.

If you’re one of them, it’s important to check and see if you’re covered to work from home.

In some cases, your business equipment may not be covered. You can adjust this cover by adding business equipment insurance to whatever core covers you have with us. If you’re an employer and some of your staff are working from home, then you should re-adjust your cover to accommodate.

How much does media production and copywriting insurance cost?

Just like the work you’ll carry out for your clients, the insurance you’ll need will be completely bespoke. The quickest way to find out the price that’s right for you?

Simply tell us a bit about your business, and we’ll be able to tailor insurance to fit your needs. Plus, if you want to buy – you’ll get an automatic 10% discount for buying through the website.

I’m a Youtuber, should I be insured?

If you run a content business of any kind, you’d do well to have insurance.

Think about the risks you face. Maybe you don’t declare sponsored content and find yourself under investigation by the Advertising Standards Agency. Perhaps you accidentally use a snippet of music or a graphic without proper permission and are accused of breach of copyright.

Professional indemnity can cover you for these situations – offering up to £5 million cover, paid defence costs including solicitors’ fees and can also cover your compensation bills.

Tailor the level of professional indemnity insurance you have with a range of add-ons:

  • Data protection and copyright breaches
  • Defamation
  • Breach of confidentiality
  • Business equipment
  • Bodily injury (from breach of professional duty)


What cover can I get for my business?

Choose from the range of covers below and create your perfect fit.

Professional indemnity

Up to £5 million cover for advice, designs, recommendations or plans that you’ve drawn up, that are found to have caused a financial loss for a client.

Find out more about professional indemnity insurance

Public liability insurance

Up to £5 million cover for third party injury or damage caused as a result of work you’ve carried out, or a visit you’ve made to third party property.

Find out more about public liability insurance

Employers’ liability insurance

£10 million cover for anyone who works for you (that includes part-time, weekend, temporary staff, interns, apprentices or any volunteers who work with you) in case they’re injured or fall ill as a result of working for you. Legally required if you have staff.

Find out more about employers liability insurance

Our customers say...

Average rating:
Based on
5 star ratings
4 star ratings
3 star ratings
2 star ratings
1 star ratings

Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo. Based on 0 total reviews.



Optional extras

Business equipment cover

Mobiles, tablets and laptops – keep the technology that’s the lifeblood of your communications business protected with this equipment cover, and get help to replace damaged or lost devices.

Find out more

Legal expenses

£1 million cover for specialist legal support, a 24/7 legal advice helpline** and specialist options – simply add to any of our core covers for additional protection.

Find out more

*The guidance is provided on behalf of AXA by Arc Legal Assistance Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

**This discount is applied automatically and lasts for the lifetime of your policy.