AXA business insurance for photographers

From weddings and family portraits, to product shots and editorial work, you take pride in capturing the perfect shot. We know every type of photography business calls for a different set of skills and specialist equipment.

That’s why as a photographer, you need an insurance partner that understands your business needs and challenges. You’re doing what you love, and that’s something worth protecting. With our flexible business insurance, you can tailor you cover as your business grows or changes.

Photography insurance FAQs

Why do I need insurance for my photography business?

Photography work is diverse, with expensive equipment and is often carried out in unusual or busy locations. With AXA’s business insurance for photographers to protect you and your gear, you can click with confidence.

How much is my equipment covered for?

You can choose various levels of cover up to £10,000, and you can insure single or multiple items. There’s an excess of 10% of the claims amount (minimum £100, maximum £500).

What’s not covered?

You’ll be covered for just about every professional situation, but there are a few exceptions, including:

  • Aerial photography, including drones
  • Underwater photography
  • Hazardous locations
  • Claims arising from lost or poor quality photographs

Want to talk?

From general questions to urgent support, our expert team are on-hand to help. Get in touch by phone, live chat or email.

AXA Business Insurance

With business insurance, you can select from the covers below to protect you. Build your own unique bundle of insurance, depending on your specific needs. That way, you only ever pay for what you need and nothing more. Tailor your cover by picking and choosing from:

What cover might I need for my photography business?

Public liability

You’re responsible for the welfare of every customer or visitor. Public liability keeps you covered for up to £5 million if a member of the public is injured or their property gets damaged while dealing with your business.

More about public liability insurance.

Employers' liability insurance

If you have employees, contractors, casual workers or temporary staff, it’s a legal requirement for you to take out employers’ liability insurance. It covers you for up to £10 million for any claims from staff may become unwell or suffer an injury as a result of working for you.

More about employers' liability insurance

Contents cover

Contents cover up to £250,000 can help you replace the contents of your studio, like fixtures and fittings, camera equipment, and employees’ personal belongings, if they’re damaged, lost or stolen. Contents cover also protects your cash, whether it’s at your premises, your home, or on the way to the bank.

Van insurance

If you use a van to transport your camera and equipment to shoots, you could be lost without it. Make sure you stay on the road with cover that includes: doorstep repairs, a guaranteed courtesy van and your choice of optional extras.

More about van insurance.

Optional extras

• Buildings – when you take contents cover

• Business interruption

• Terrorism

• Business equipment

• Legal expenses

• Personal accident

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm; and Saturday, 9am to 2pm. Calls may be recorded and monitored. Terms conditions, eligibility and exclusions apply.