• If you let your property to tenants, you need more than just home insurance. Without the right cover, unexpected events like fire, flooding, vandalism or theft, could result in major losses - leaving you seriously out of pocket.

    Our affordable cover is designed specifically for residential landlords and those that buy to let. Whether you let a small flat or a large house - we can help. Buy online today and you'll get a 10% discount - that includes optional extras too.

  • Policy benefits

    We provide trusted, competitive protection for your property investment. As standard, you'll get:

    • Up to £10 million property owner's liability cover - protects against third-party claims.
    • Cover to re-house your tenants - this includes solicitor's fees and expert council.
    • Inflation protection - your policy increases in line with inflation to ensure you always have the right level of cover.
    • Cables and underground pipes cover - this includes essential utilities such as electricity, gas and water.
    • Cover up to 10 properties in one policy - add up to 10 properties when you get a quote online.

    Optional extras

    You can add any of the following cover options when you get a quote:

    • Accidental damage cover - covers your property's structure, floors and fittings.
    • Loss of rental income - if your property can't be lived in as a result of fire, flooding or major damage you'll be able to claim back loss of rent. And if an incident causes a reduction in your rental income, AXA can cover that shortfall for up to 36 months.
    • Contents cover - up to £50,000 contents cover to protect any furnishings and appliances that you own.
    • Subsidence, ground heave and landslip cover - land shifts under your property can go unnoticed for decades until they've caused structural damage, so make sure it's covered. It's a good idea to check with your mortgage provider as these days it's a common requirement in mortgage agreements.
    • Employers' liability insurance - if you employ someone to work on your property - like a gardener or a handyman - you're responsible for their safety while they're there. Employers' liability cover will cover you in case of compensation claims for injury or disease.
    • Terrorism cover - insurance for damage to your property as a result of a terrorist attack.
  • More policy information

    You can get more information on this insurance in our policy summary (pdf 1.35Mb) and policy wording (pdf 1.89Mb) documents.

  • What optional extras do I need?

    Our landlord insurance is designed specifically for people who lease out a home and those who buy to let (properties that are leased to businesses require different cover – please see our commercial landlord insurance). The following questions will help you decide which optional extras are suited to your specific property or portfolio:

  • A spilled bottle of wine on the carpet or a toddler knocking over the telly - these accidents can cause damage to household items. But a burst water-pipe can be much more harmful. Accidental damage cover for your building covers your property's structure, floors and fittings.

  • If you employ people to work on your property, you are responsible for their safety while they're there. While you may do everything possible to ensure a safe environment for handymen and cleaners who work for you, our employers' liability insurance protects you in case of compensation claims for injury or disease.

  • If you've provided your tenants with furnishings, large appliances and fittings, it's likely you have a substantial investment tied up in the contents of the property. In this case, you can choose contents cover of up to £50,000.

  • Many landlords rely on their rental income to make mortgage payments, cover costs and earn extra cash. If the unthinkable happens and your property is empty due to fire, flooding or other major damage, rental income cover ensures that you can make up the shortfall for up to 36 months while repairs are in process. Your mortgage provider may also require you to have subsidence cover.

  • Land shifts under properties can occur undetected for decades until they cause structural damage. Engineer's fees and repair costs can be expensive, but you can rest assured knowing your insurance has it covered.

  • About us

    At AXA Business Insurance, we give you the protection you need, so that you can grow your business, which is reflected in our customer service score of 4.8 out of 5 based on 1794 reviews as of July 2014. We offer business insurance online to sole traders, self-employed people and small businesses – and van insurance too, for business or personal use.