Skip to main content

Our cookie policy


We use cookies to give you the best possible experience of our website. If you continue, we'll assume you're happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our cookie policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

  • Business contents insurance

Like this article Tweet this article Share this article +1 this article
  • Get tailorable cover for your business’ contents

    You can add contents insurance as an extra, or buy it on its own. You can also tailor your insurance depending on your occupation, or what stock you hold.

    Our contents cover includes loads of great benefits as standard:

    • Accidental damage cover for your contents
    • 24-hour glass replacement
    • 24-hour emergency helpline
    • Legal helpline
    • Seasonal increases for stock, at times that suit you

    No two businesses are the same, so why should your insurance be?

    Whether your business is based at home, online, or on the high street, if you’ve got stock or business contents, we’ve got it covered with our contents insurance for businesses. We provide cover for a wide range of businesses, from beauty salons and hairdressers, to coffee shops, offices, and surgeries. Better still, we give you the freedom to tailor your contents cover to meet your needs. That means you get the cover that’s right for your business – not someone else’s.

    Simply choose the covers you want – and leave the ones you don’t. It’s the protection you’d expect from AXA – for less.

    Contents insurance FAQs

    What is contents insurance?

    Contents cover can help you replace the contents of your shop, like fixtures and fittings, floral displays, mirrors, and employees’ personal belongings, if they’re damaged, lost, or stolen. We offer a range of covers for customers who have stock, or business premises, available to you as standard, with others, you can add as extras if you need them*. We offer cover for:

    • Contents

    • Stock

    • Tenants improvements

    • Shop front

    • High-risk stock**

    • Electronic equipment for offices

    Optional extras

    • Loss of money

    • Deterioration of stock

    • Goods in transit

    Why would I need contents insurance?

    Accidents and incidents happen. And not just between 9am and 5pm. Our contents insurance gives you access to a 24 hour emergency helpline so we can help you when you when you need it most. If you’ve got stock, or are based in a premises, contents insurance could help you put things right if your valuables are damaged.

    Why should I choose AXA for my business’ contents insurance?

    At AXA, we understand small businesses like yours. And whether you’re an office-based business, or an online retailer, we know we’ll have insurance that’ll meet your needs.

    • 30% increase in stock cover – at dates of your choice – with contents cover

    • Accidental damage as standard with contents cover

    • 24-hour glass replacement with contents cover

    • 24-hour emergency helpline

    *Depending on your business, we offer you standard cover as well as a range of optional extras.

    **Depending on your occupation, we offer cover for high-risk stock.

    AXA Contents Insurance

    Get your business’ contents protected with our contents insurance for businesses. Accidental damage is included as standard, from there, simply pick and choose the cover you want – and leave out the cover you don’t.

    You can build your own bundle of insurance depending on what your specific needs are. That means you only pay for what you need and nothing more. You can tailor your cover by adding any of these extras:

    What can I include with contents insurance?

    Public liability insurance

    You’re responsible for the welfare of every customer or visitor. Public liability keeps you covered for up to £5 million if a member of the public is accidentally injured or their property gets damaged while dealing with your business.

    Employers' liability insurance

    If you have employees, contractors, casual workers or temporary staff, it’s a legal requirement for you to take out employers’ liability insurance. It covers you for up to £10 million for any claims from staff may become unwell or suffer an injury as a result of working for you.

    Professional indemnity

    Protects you from compensation payments and defence costs if a client thinks you’ve made a mistake or given bad advice and makes a claim against you.

    Optional extras

    When you choose contents cover, you can also select any of these options, if you’d like them:

    • Buildings – when you take contents cover

    • Business interruption

    • Terrorism

    • Business equipment

    • Legal expenses


  • Our customers say...







    Based on

    Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo







    Based on

    Our customers’ reviews, independently moderated and managed by feefo

    Independantly moderated by
  • Business advice

  • No Articles found
    results found
    No more articles to display